The Top 20 Most Common Job Interview Questions
Having a job interview is perhaps one of the most challenging and daunting tasks that every aspirant Job Seeker has to endure as they pursue their career dreams.
Thorough preparation for the interview is vital to make it as successful as possible. Do your research before-hand. Know as much about the company, and the person if possible, that you are interviewing with. Go armed with a good quality copy of your CV, dress better than appropriately, and be
on time early for the interview.
To help plan your interview, here’s a list of 20 of the most common questions asked in job interviews:
- How would you describe yourself?
- What influenced you to choose this career?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
- What is the biggest mistake you’ve made
- How do you determine or evaluate success? Give me an example of one of your successful accomplishments.
- How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?
- What challenges are you looking for in a position?
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years time?
- What personal weakness has caused you the most problems on the job?
- Tell me what you know about our company.
- What suggestions do you have for our organization?
- Why have you decided to seek a position in our organization?
- What salary range are you expecting?
- Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills.
- Give me an example of an important goal which you had set in the past and tell me about your success in reaching it.
- What kind of supervisor do you work best for? Provide examples.
- What motivates you?
- Describe a difficult customer service experience that you had to handle. What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation?
If you do get asked any of these questions, try not to make your answers sound overly rehearsed, but do make sure you take the opportunity to shine.
7054 total views, 1 today